Strawberry & Champagne Duffins
By Sophie Loves Food www.sophielovesfood.comPrint this recipe
The donut/muffin combination cake. Filled with delicious Strawberry & Champagne preserve, with a buttery sugary coating.
420g plain flour
4tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
330g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
375ml sour cream/buttermilk
2tsp vanilla extract
130ml sunflower oil
Coating , dipping and filling:
250g unsalted butter, melted
300g caster sugar
1/2 jar Strawberry Preserve with Champagne
Strawberry Preserve with Champagne
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease two 12 hole muffin trays.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray, filling them three quarters of the way up.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst the Duffins are baking, put the melted butter and sugar in their own shallow bowls and set aside.
- Once ready, remove the Duffins from the oven and tip out.
- Immediately dip the muffins in the melted butter, then roll in the sugar to liberally and evenly coat.
- Fill a piping bag with jam. Push the nozzle/tip through the top (or bottom if you want it to look neater) of the doughnut, up to midway. Pipe about 1 tbsp of jam inside each doughnut.