Seedless Bramble Duffins
By Super Golden Bakes www.supergoldenbakes.blogspot.co.ukPrint this recipe
Is it a doughnut? Or a muffin? Or both?! A great doughy combination, filled with tasty, sweet jam. Great for snacks or as a modern take on afternoon tea.
300g | 2 1/3 cups self raising flour
175g | 3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch dry active yeast
80ml | 1/3 cup sunflower oil (or half oil half melted unsalted butter)
175ml | 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp vanilla paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
About 6 tbsp Mackays Seedless Bramble Preserve
Unsalted butter melted for dipping (see recipe)
100g | 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
Seedless Bramble Preserve
- Preheat the oven to 180C | 350F. Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put all the wet ingredients in a measuring jug and mix thoroughly with a fork. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. The batter will be thick - almost like a wet dough.
- Spray a silicone muffin tray with cake release spray. Put 2 tbsp of batter on each of the muffin holes. Very carefully spoon about 1 tsp of jam (more if you can manage it) into the centre of each muffin and carefully cover with more batter. Fill each muffin hole about 3/4 full - the muffins will rise over the top so don't overfill.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and firm on top.
- Put the caster sugar and cinnamon onto a plate. Either melt about 100g of unsalted butter and dip the (warm) muffins in before rolling in the sugar, or brush a bit of melted butter on top of each muffin and then dip the top in sugar.