Morello Cherry Conserve Chocolate Brownies
By Joanne TownsPrint this recipe
Delicious served hot or cold, these tasty brownies are made without nuts. Great for those who usually miss out on chocolate brownies!
170g good quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped into chunks
150g Mackays Hand Stirred Morello Cherry Conserve
150g melted unsalted butter
2 large eggs
170g caster sugar
50g light muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons of black coffee left to cool
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
85g plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
1/2 cup plain flour
Hand Stirred Morello Cherry Conserve
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C Fan)
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking paper
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, 30 seconds at a time, set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs, sugars, cold coffee and vanilla to the cooled, melted butter and whisk to combine. Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt. whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Pour the Brownie mix into the prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula or knife. It will be thick and gloopy. Stir the Morello Cherry conserve to loosen and drop dollops of the cherry Conserve over the brownie batter in 1 tablespoon-sized blobs.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the jam through the batter – dont overmix.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chunks over the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until done – ovens do vary so use your judgment and check when your brownies are done. A toothpick inserted in the centre should
- come out mostly clean but will likely have a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 1 hour, before removing from the pan and cutting into generous squares and slicing. Top with remaining cocoa powder.