Marmalade Ice Cream
By Kitchen Frolic www.kitchenfrolic.caPrint this recipe
This recipe works with any Mackays marmalade. We’ve chosen our favourite here.
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups whipping or heavy cream (the one I use has 35% fat), cold
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Mackays Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
- Chill ice cream make bowl overnight in freezer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, sugar and salt until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Whisk in cream and vanilla until everything is well combined.
- Chill the cream mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour in cream mixture. Let churn for 25-30 minutes until ice cream looks almost ready.
- Meanwhile, heat marmalade in a small pot over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until the marmalade is just loose enough to pour. Don't overheat the marmalade or it will be too hot and runny.
- Once ice cream (which is still churning) looks almost ready (around 25 minutes), slowly, but steadily pour in the marmalade.
- Allow the ice cream maker to distribute the marmalade through the ice cream and then stop the machine. This shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
- Transfer the ice cream to a large, sealed, freezer-proof container and freeze until the ice cream sets, at least four hours before serving.