By Claire Jessiman www.foodiequine.co.ukPrint this recipe
A tangy flapjack which can easily be prepared the night before for break time or lunchbox snacks. Just cut into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
250g Porridge Oats
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
75g Golden Caster Sugar
1 heaped Tbsp Golden Syrup
150g Mackays Dundee Orange Marmalade
The Dundee Orange Marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease a tray bake tin.
- Melt together the butter, sugar, syrup and 100g of marmalade over a low heat in a good sized pan.
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Tip into the prepared tin and smooth with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden.
- Melt the remaining 50g of marmalade and paint it over the top with a pastry brush.
- Cut into bars whilst still warm, but don't attempt to remove until completely cool.