Marmalade Chicken Stir Fry
By Joanne TownsPrint this recipe
A delicious easy to make dinner for all the family. Perfect for using up any leftover marmalade at the back of the fridge or cupboard.
4 medium skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 good sized head of broccoli, cut into florets
Thumb sized piece of ginger peeled and chopped into fine sticks
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 shallot, diced
1 teaspoon orange zest
Pinch of dried red chilli flakes
2 cloves garlic, peeled &amp;amp; crushed
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
100ml chicken stock
3 tablespoons Mackays Dundee Orange Marmalade
1 Orange, peeled, pith removed &amp;amp; segmented
1 Spring onion finely sliced
The Dundee Orange Marmalade
- Place chicken and soy sauce in a zip lock bag to marinate for at least fifteen minutes.
- Blanch or steam the broccoli.
- Drain chicken, reserving soy sauce for later and toss chicken in the cornflour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok and brown chicken, in batches, over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from wok and add reserved soy sauce, onion, ginger, orange rind, chilli flakes, garlic and sesame oil.
- Fry for 2 – 3 minutes until the onion is soft and then add the red pepper strips. Fry for another minute. Stir in stock and marmalade to soy-sauce mixture, stirring until marmalade is melted.
- Return chicken to the wok, turn up the heat to high. Stir in the Broccoli, cook for another couple of minutes and serve garnished with orange segments and spring onion.