Chocolate Marmalade Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding
By Karen Burns Booth www.lavenderandlovage.comPrint this recipe
A great way to use up day old bread. Leftovers can easily be reheated in the microwave and served later.
6 small brioche buns (or 8 to 10 slices of brioche bread)
softened butter to spread
6 teaspoons Orange Marmalade with Champagne
6 teaspoons chocolate spread
3 large eggs, beaten
50g caster sugar
450mls full cream milk
extra sugar for sprinkling
cocoa or grated chocolate for garnish
Orange Marmalade with Champagne
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and butter a glass baking dish.
- Cut the brioche buns in half and spread with butter. Then add the chocolate spread on on half of buttered bun and the marmalade on the other half. sandwich them together and arrange in the buttered baking dish.
- Whisk the sugar into the beaten eggs and then add the milk. Whisk again and then pour the custard over the brioche buns, pushing the buns down with the back of a spoon so the liquid covers most of them.
- Leave to soak for up to 1 hour and then bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven or until the pudding has puffed up and the egg custard mixture has set.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cocoa or grated chocolate to serve. Serve with pouring cream.