Chocolate, Marmalade and Ginger Cake
By Susan Easton notjustanyoldbaking.blogspot.co.ukPrint this recipe
This generously sized, rich, moist chocolate bake is ideal to serve warm with a huge dollop of fresh cream!
150g soft butter
150g caster sugar
3 free range eggs
100g ground almonds
100g self raising flour
35g cocoa powder
100g plain chocolate roughly chopped
25g crystalized ginger chopped
2 tbsp Mackays orange marmalade with champagne
grated zest of one orange
icing sugar to dust
Orange Marmalade with Champagne
- Pre heat the oven to 170C fan. Grease a fluted flan tin (9 inch tin previously used).
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and beat to incorporate.
- Fold in the flour, ground almonds and cocoa powder.
- Fold in the marmalade, orange zest and chopped plain chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into a fluted tin and level out the top. Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. Dust with icing sugar once the cake has cooled.