Chocolate and Lime Cake
By What Kate Baked www.whatkatebaked.comPrint this recipe
A chocolate loaf cake with zingy lime flavours. Can easily be sliced for sharing amongst friends.
175g softened butter
150g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
half a teaspoon baking powder
5 tbsps cocoa powder
Zest 1 lime
3-4 tbsps Lime Curd
1 tsp icing sugar to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a strip of baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electrical whisk until nicely light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, cocoa and lime zest until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden, risen and a skewer poked into the very centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin and once cooled lift out and place on a wire rack.
- Slice the loaf horizontally in two and spread the lime curd on the bottom layer. Sandwich the two layers back together.
- Sieve over a little icing sugar to decorate.