Chocolate and Ginger Cookies
By Sophie Loves Food www.sophielovesfood.comPrint this recipe
The dough can be frozen before cooking, for an emergency cookie fix at a later date. A great recipe to bake with the family.
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cups golden caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Mackays Ginger Preserve
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt.
- With a paddle attachment on a stand mixer, beat the butter on a medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla in until just combined.
- On a low speed, beat in the ginger preserve before finally adding all of the dry ingredients and mixing only until they are incorporated.
- Fold in some chocolate chips and left the dough to chill on a lined baking tray in the fridge for a few hours.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 12 - 15 minutes.